Successful New Year Resolutioners Have These Qualities:
1. They write down their "Why" and put it on a wall where they see it every day. This not only keeps their goal visible to them, but helps keep their motivation continuous.
2. Consistently set and accomplish small short-term goals that help you reach your resolution. By breaking up larger goals into smaller steps, you are more likely to succeed. Being ambitious is great, but when we are talking goal-setting, it is better to keep it attainable. For example - saving $4000 within 3 months is amazing, but on a 50k a year salary, what is your plan to attain that? What steps do you need to take?
Make the bigger goal your "why" and your smaller steps your short term resolution.
3. Change your mentality. This is a big one! The mind that created the goal is not the same one that will achieve the goal. We need to put in the work to have the mental stamina and clarity to see our goal through. This happens at an internal level. Only you can make this adjustment. Without this, you won't be able to attract the energy and consciousness that will manifest your resolution.
4. Get adequate sleep.This is so important. You can not pour from an empty cup. You can't drive on an empty tank. You can't... well you get the point.
Rest. And resume when you have the mental and physical capacity to be productive. You are more likely to keep the stamina when you do not feel overwhelmed.
5. Have someone to keep you accountable. We all have friends that chear us on from the sidelines, or use those common phrases like "yea thats awesome, way to go!" or, "Don't worry there is always tomorrow". Those people are amazing and crucial to our growth. But the real growth happens when you get through those uncomfortable moments when you feel like giving up.
And most of the time, it's because that one accountability friend stood up and reminded you of how bad ass you are!